100 years of Yellow Jersey!
The yellow jersey changes ownership several times during the Tour.
The record is eight different riders.
Two riders never handed their yellow jersey off from day one:
Romain Maes in 1935 and Jacques Anquetil in 1961.
Sponsors of cycling teams …
interesting combinations and exciting partnerships!
- A Dutch supermarket and a Norwegian IT company (Jumbo-Visma)
- A French bank and a company providing business services (Arkéa-Samsic)
- A Polish shoe and bag manufacturer (CCC)
And 50 years ago?
- A chocolate producer from the UK and a Belgian moped-bicycle brand (Mars Flandria)
- A Dutch cigar brand and bicycles from the polder (Willem II Gazelle)
Cossins will take the reader on a journey to the origins of the jersey and its early winners. He’ll explore the effect of wearing yellow as a motivator and occasionally as a curse. Beautifully produced with original photography, The Yellow Jersey is an exquisite tribute to the greatest trophy in sport.
“It was eleven more than necessary.”
After winning a race by twelve seconds.
The “Miroir des sports” is a French weekly magazine devoted to sports.
Created in 1920 and well-read by riders and cycling enthusiasts.
The coverage of the tour is always an intensive job,
who actually works the hardest?
Stage 13 on July 19 we celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Yellow Jersey
with an individual time trial over a distance of 27 km.
When was the first time trial held in the Tour?
In 1934 between La Roche-sur-Yon and Nantes. It was a 90 kilometer drive,
won by Antonin Magne.